We spent a lovely day exploring the town around our hotel and yes, we were those people on Segway’s. I must say that it was actually really fun, now it may have been even more fun if it wasn’t a cold and rainy but, eh, minor details. Some more photos of the Portuguese landscape.
We visited an awesome small town only thirty minutes from Lisbon, named Sintra. It has such a beautiful palace and castle that I believe the photos can describe its beauty better than my words. This palace was the highlight of my trip, it was beautiful and lovely J
Now of course there is some fabulous shopping to do in Portugal and Danielle and I took advantage of that. We also took advantage of the differences in European and U.S. shopping. As Danielle put it “in Europe you can wear whatever you want and no one seems to care.” So we got them, hold on to your hats ladies and gentleman, we bought suspenders! I also have wanted to wear the shorts and tights thing for awhile now, something I am only comfortable doing in foreign countries thus far. This was a really fun time to try the look out with the Portuguese tights.
In Lisbon the boys were able to eat some great sushi right in time for us to go to the aquarium. I felt kind of bad when Kyle was walking around telling all the fish he ate their cousin.
All in all it was an awesome trip, short but great company, food and pretty buildings. I can’t wait to go back to Portugal, maybe in the summer this time.
One last thing. If I haven’t convinced you that you need to go to Portugal and stay at the Casa de Pergola, here is one more reason. They serve port wine every night from 6-8 in your living room area. A great end to any day of exploring.
No comments:
Post a Comment