····First post from my phone..ekkk····
Let me just say this print was really tough and required a ton of thought.
For those of you who don't know there are many ways to do a multicolored print, you can have multiple blocks with each block showing a different color. Some people combine printing and then do some painting by hand. This particular print was done all on one block. Which means you print one color at a time and then carve it away. Each print is one is a kind and can't new printed again once you carve away! So you can understand I was a little freaked out...
This is how it works. You have to carve from lightest to darkest. For whatever reason me and my class had the hardest time trying to wrap our heads around this! And why I chose to do five colors instead of two or three, I have no idea!
Step by step:
1. I carved out the white clouds and inked the entire block blue.
· I made about twenty prints.
2. I carved out all the blue and inked the whole block green.
· I printed on all twenty of my sheets that were green and white.
· Also I just tried to eyeball it to line the prints up to match, way more difficult than I thought!
3. I carved out all the green and inked the block red, again printing on top of the other colors. Here is what it looked like at this stage. (The pictures are a little grainy, sorry!)
4. Carved out all the red and inked it black (I mixed to make the black, looks like a navy color to me) (Also, for the record, I hate the bloody Farris Wheel)
5. Finally took a deep breath because it was done!
I must say, it's not my favorite, but short my first multicolored print I will take it.
Here are a couple of things I will do differently next time.
· Not use so much bloody ink! I was realizef I was using too much which made some details I wanted to show get muddled in color.
· I am excited to use more line movement-like texture in the grass or sky. I just did block colors to see if I even had the right idea.
I would love to hear what you think :)
Happy Monday!
Let me just say this print was really tough and required a ton of thought.
For those of you who don't know there are many ways to do a multicolored print, you can have multiple blocks with each block showing a different color. Some people combine printing and then do some painting by hand. This particular print was done all on one block. Which means you print one color at a time and then carve it away. Each print is one is a kind and can't new printed again once you carve away! So you can understand I was a little freaked out...
This is how it works. You have to carve from lightest to darkest. For whatever reason me and my class had the hardest time trying to wrap our heads around this! And why I chose to do five colors instead of two or three, I have no idea!
Step by step:
1. I carved out the white clouds and inked the entire block blue.
· I made about twenty prints.
2. I carved out all the blue and inked the whole block green.
· I printed on all twenty of my sheets that were green and white.
· Also I just tried to eyeball it to line the prints up to match, way more difficult than I thought!
3. I carved out all the green and inked the block red, again printing on top of the other colors. Here is what it looked like at this stage. (The pictures are a little grainy, sorry!)
5. Finally took a deep breath because it was done!
I must say, it's not my favorite, but short my first multicolored print I will take it.
Here are a couple of things I will do differently next time.
· Not use so much bloody ink! I was realizef I was using too much which made some details I wanted to show get muddled in color.
· I am excited to use more line movement-like texture in the grass or sky. I just did block colors to see if I even had the right idea.
I would love to hear what you think :)
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment