Friday, October 21, 2011

Print Making - My First Print

Okay I am back on the wagon and crafting again!  Very sorry for the long delay, with having Kyle deploy to Afghanistan and me move back home to Utah, it's been a crazy time!

I have started my first print making class.  For those of your who don't know print making has many different version but I am learning how to do relief printing.  Relief printing is where you have a picture on linoleum or wood and you carve out the areas you don't want to print (to be colored with ink).  

For my first print I drew a little cartoon owl and trying to use the entire block as my teacher suggested, had him sitting on a log with a mountain and sun in the background.  Near the End I started to get a little "Line-Happy".  I wanted to know what all these lines would like and it got a little busy.  

When I put the ink on my block, then the paper and peeled it away I was so happy with how it turned out.  No it's not the greatest drawing and won't end up in a museum but it was so much fun to do.  Up until the very end it a surprise what the final print will look like.  


I don't have a picture of the block yet but I will post that soon.   Have a great day!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment