Every deployment I feel I have to put on my creative cap and think of some great ideas to send my guy deployed. Surprisingly I have found it difficult and sometimes I find myself stumped standing in a store. To help others I figured I would post some of the things I have come up with, some that were great success and some that weren’t.
1. Hand written letter – Nothing is more simple and cheap
2. Tic-Tac-Toe- We send an on going game back and forth in the mail. (hand drawn)
It’s fun, and you never actually know when you get it!
3. Send a zip drive with downloaded episodes of your guys/gals favorite TV’s.
4. Videos- If you have a webcam make a short greeting video and put it on a zip drive.
*If your soldier also has a webcam they can do the same thing and send it back
It just makes your day when you can actually see them!
5. Funny Cards- I have found a surprisingly mix of great cards at stores (thinking of you type thing) ** To save a little money make your own!
6. Something always nice is to ship some food items for him to share, coffee, tea, package of brownies.
7. Slow down on the Candy! I sent so much candy that he actually asked me to please stop sending so much …. Here is where I insert my blushing face…
8. I write down a few great quotes, from anyone, either inspirational, military related, whatever you think they may like and send it as a letter.
There you have it, 8 Quick ideas that you can send your soldier. Obviously there are many more but I just wanted to get the tip of the iceberg. As I am currently in a deployment I would love to hear some new ideas!! Please share 
No comments:
Post a Comment