It's the middle of the night. I am dreaming of beaches and warm weather, I don’t remember exactly but I think something like that. I am home alone tonight as Kyle is working overnight and I wake up to breaking glass in my hallway. After I listen and realize either, there is no robber or he is more stealthy than Batman, I coax myself out of bed and head for the hallway. What remains of my shattered picture frames are only pieces of wood. I have some corners still intact, others broken to pieces. There are some cracks in the wood so simply gluing it back together wouldn’t look very good. As this is the third time this has happened my little wood pile was growing and I just couldn’t bear to throw it away.
Finally I decided to do something with it! I did two different things.
First – I still had the corner intact so I made an abstract frame. Since this wood is really light I used double sided tape to hold it up (Yay, no more holes in the wall!) What I love is I can just tape up my favorite picture of the moment and
don’t have to deal with re-hanging.
More to come on the red matting tomorrow!
Second: I was in need of a place to put my earrings so I used one of my corners from a frame, measured, and marked where to put the wire.
I then put in the nails and tied wire to each side. Okay, I didn't have any wire yet, so had to use string until I get some wire. The pictures aren't the best, so if we ever have a sunnier day here I will be able to get some better photos. All the same it should be enough to get the point across.
I still have some pieces left of broken frames, so we will see if I can think of some other fun things to do! Any suggestions?? Besides getting better hanging things to start with, don’t worry I finally gave in and nailed all the frames to the wall.
I would love to hear what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment